Sunday, February 20, 2011

Welcome.

[nix]
This is going to be a basic blog that will document various projects that I attempt. It's kind of an apendix to the regular family blog. I hope you enjoy.

First on deck:
I plan to make two of these as hope chests for the kids. I ordered the plans and the hardware. All thats left is the wood. Baby Steps.

(record keeping:  Cost so far $149.98 for the hardware +9.99 for the plans)


Next up:

These are qty 10, 3" full range speakers. They will be an integral part of our new 'home theatre fireplace'. These speakers ONLY cover the left, right, and center channels. Diabolical I say.

It's in the details. Aluminum speaker cone. Butyl Rubber surround. Strong, light, and the rubber will LAST. These are rated at 4ohms, perfect for matching in pairs, and they will be crossed over using a custom design 3 way crossover.
Need to pick up 4 woofers (6"), and 3 tweeters. Then on to building it all.
(record keeping: Cost so far $138.26)

2 comments:

  1. Let me just comment that your "attempts" are always succesful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thats gonna be one loud fireplace!

    ReplyDelete