Sunday, March 13, 2011

Gifted

I'm ecstatic.  Ecstatic is another word for jubilant.

I was offered to receive some samples of raw veneer woods for woodworking.  I politely and enthusiastically accepted.  What I received was beyond compare.  At least for free. :)


Unfortunately the following list is alphabetical, and the photos above are NOT... so it's up to you to match up which wood is which... 

Anyway, here's the list;
Argentino Gray, Bronze Oak, Bronze Redwood Burl, East Indian Rosewood, Flat Cut East Indian Rosewood, Flat Cut Ebony, Flat Cut Euro Maple Flat, Cut Indian Laurel, Flat Cut Sapele, Quartered Afromosia, Quartered Austrailian Maple, Quartered Black Ebony, Quartered Bronze Eucalyptus, Quartered Ceylon Rosewood, Quartered Figured Anigre, Quartered Figured Black Eucalyptus, Quartered Figured Sapele, Quartered IPE, Quartered Reconsitituted Ebony, Quartered Reconsituted Zebrano, Quartered Reconstituted Teak, Quartered Sapele, Quartered Smoke Sapele, Quartered Wenge, Reconsitituted Bog Ebony, Sapele Pommele, Zericote
I received pretty much a minumum of 4 pieces of each species upto 16 piece of some species.  Almost all are 16"x16" as well, and some are larger, only the #2 veneers above are 10" x 16".

This excites me to start the two hope chest for the girls.  I think I will be using plank cedar wood on the interior (the interlocking kind), then veneer the outside with something fancy from the above.

I am very fortunate sometimes to stumble on the things I come across, and I do not take that for granted.  I really do have some project plans for these veneers, and all the other ones I have collected over the last year.


No comments:

Post a Comment