Tuesday, June 21, 2011

June 20, 2011 update.

Hi.
I haven't been up to many (or any) garage projects lately.  But I have set my number one garage priority project to be the two hope chests for the girls.  I have the plans.  I have the hardwoods.  I have the softwoods.  And I have the veneers.  I just haven't had time.

So tonight, I decided to get started.  But that means, fixing things.

I was so fortunate to receive an older Craftsman jointer from my Uncle Mike.  I believe it was his fathers, which makes it my grandfathers.  Pretty cool!  However, during transport, the on/off switch broke (cast metal).  So I went ahead and worked on wiring in a 20amp switch and a new chord.  While going over the jointer, I realized that I didn't know how to use it. (turns out, everything is kind of siezed together).  Thanks to the internet, I came across the users manual. Craftsman 4-3/8" Jointer instructions.

So I have decided to spend an evening or two completely going through it and making sure it's clean, functional, and silky smooth.  I plan to refinish it too.  Total expense should be less then $10.oo for a can of hammerite gray paint.

So here are the before pictures.


No comments:

Post a Comment