Sunday, April 17, 2011

The two stage dust collector.

This is related to another earlier project;
Back to Basics and
Dust Collector Update
( I still need to calculate the final costs, but it was in the neighborhood of $120 in bits and pieces.)

I some how managed to complete this after or family Tea with Bunny and Me event Saturday, but didn't get to pull it out and try it until this morning.  Overall, I'm veyry happy with how it works.  I miss calculated the height of the contraption, however, it doesn't take anymore floor space then the original single stage dust collector.  I just have to fitz with it if I want to take it out of the garage. (disconnect a hose and remove the trash can.)
On wheels, out and raring to go.  4" hose intact.  All the dust and debris collect in the trash can, leaving the filter dirt and dust free for a LONG life.  Best of all, I can use it like a regular vacuum cleaner and vacuum dirt, leaves, sticks, etc with out worry of damaging the vacuum impeller system.  Go me.  Or is it Ghetto Me??

Stows neatly on the far wall and can be pulled out pretty easily.
Hopefully I'll update more later, such as adding a bunch of over head feeds and branches.  It may also be a pipe dream, and I should stay portable.

No comments:

Post a Comment