Sunday, July 10, 2011

Hope Chest: Man was it hot today.

I didn't get a chance to get out into the garage today until 3pm... my word was it hot.
The good news is I started working on the frame bits.  So I started with the vertical pieces.  I need 16 of them.
Perfect.  And precise.
 So, I am going to spline the corners together using some of the cedar board, cut into strips.  So I setup the router table.  I'm not 100% sure the is the right way to go.  I'm also clearly missing the router disc thing that prevents the wood from chipping.  I can tell you, even using a nice long push board (6" of it sits flush on the work piece and has a handle that sticks out),  It just feels terribly dangerous.  I was able to replicate passes though.  It was hot enough that I decided to stop for the day.  Dizzy/tired/hot/sweaty probably isn't a good thing when dealing with router tables.  Or beer pong.
 My setup, a bigger world view with my scrap piece...
Still in good spirits... the only major error I made was not taking into account the vertical pieces of the lid.  It sure would have been nice to consider that so that the grains match from top to bottom.  I'm here to learn and make mistakes.  Or vice versus.  I even knew better.  Had even thought about it in advance... but boy, was it hot.  That's my excuse and I'm sticking to it (it's so hot, the excuse is even sticking to me).



No comments:

Post a Comment