Saturday, October 6, 2012

Home Theater - 02


April 6th, 2012.  Day one.  I’ve spent the entire day building this.  Some parts are only for support at this stage and will go away, but you get the idea.
 

Here, I am sanding and filling all the joints that exist.  I planned well in advance that all the seams would be hidden.  In this case, the barely visible seam will be hidden by the mantel itself, once it’s installed.
The two square holes in the back board will be my media and power cable ports.
 

At this stage I have applied a coat of Killz Primer and fit the TV mounting provisions.  These provisions did not stay long however, as they did not provide the necessary TV tilt function that is required to watch 3D TV.  Not something we do a lot of, but you just never know.  This was one item on the list that was not planned for.
 

Nothing like a few coats of paint to glossy it up.  I went with an untinted gloss white.

Unplanned:  I thought it’d be a good idea to prime with KILLZ and paint with a foam brush to get the high gloss latex as smooth and streak free as possible.  Well, it didn’t go on smooth or streak free.  I need to try something else.

No comments:

Post a Comment