Saturday, October 6, 2012

Home Theater - 08


I probably need to mention that I also built the picture frame for the TV myself.  I ordered the raw picture frame material off the internet, along with some V-Nails to assemble it.   I built some rotating clips to attach it to the TV.  This permits me to remove the frame at any time, if need be.   It took some doing to get the remote eye sensor and remote repeater to work well with the TV.  With extreme perseverance and not much patience, it got accomplished and works well.  Most importantly, there are no visible signs of wires, holes, or infrared eyes anywhere.  Stealth.

The center mantel is just roughed in at this point and is not yet assembled to the backing board.  I wanted to verify fit and function of the mantel height in relation to the TV and to the fire place opening.
 

May 6th, this gives a good idea how everything has progressed in a month, with only a few hours here and there.  You can also see the two slots on the end of the left hand speaker column that are to be used for chasing wires.  Later, these slots will be covered by a removable Velcro cover panel on both left and right sides.
 

Here, I have blacked out speaker cavities using rattle can flat black spray paint.  This will play a big part in the appearance of the speakers later.  You’ll see.

No comments:

Post a Comment