Saturday, October 6, 2012

Home Theater - 11


The speakers.  I haven’t spoken about them yet.  The speakers are Dayton Audio brand speakers.  I’ve known from my years of being an enthusiast, that speakers require some form of frequency control to get the best performance out of each speaker driver.  Using an existing design, I replicated and built 14 individual cross over boards as shown above.  Each speaker location requires two boards; One for the tweeter and one for the woofer(s).   The cost in just electronic parts for these crossovers was near the $500 mark.  I had planned to spend some money, but it did catch me off guard on how expensive it would be, Ouch.
 
I also terminated a mess of wires to be used as either interconnects inside the cabinets, or signal cables from the amplifier.

No comments:

Post a Comment